breakfast: 1 packet plain oatmeal, 1 packet maple and brown sugar
lunch: 1 red apple (delicious!! so tasty!! better than candy all day long!!)
3 rice cakes with humus
dinner: to be determined...
Maybe I can work in a workout tonight...dentist appt at 5:10 so may get home in time to get out before full dark...to be determined as well...
OK, so the workout idea was a pie in the sky...next week we'll work on that. For now, two good days in. That's all it is one day plus one day plus one day...one day at a time for many days and there you go!
Dinner: yogurt parfait (vanilla yogurt, frozen (thawed) cherries, dash of go-lean crunch as "granola" stand in. 1 1/2 pc of whole wheat toast with butter, veggie scramble w/ egg beaters, onions, asparagus, zucchini, apple and tomato...dash of olive oil to make it all cook up. Yummy. And full. Looks like I am short some fruits and veggies...need to prioritize getting more of these into the diet. Surprisingly little in terms of cravings today...would have thought I'd be yearning for those sweets by day 2...we'll see what tomorrow brings.
If I can make it to Friday with all good days this week I will reward myself with a Starbucks breakfast...medium hot chocolate made with skim milk, no whipped. Pass on the pastry that I usually get...the pastry of choice these days is a blueberrry scone...yum. The scone really has no redeeming value whatsoever. If I could go the rest of my life without eating one (or anything like it) I would surely be better off. The drink, well, its not really that bad for you when you consider I'm supposed to be drinking the milk anyway...the little bit of chocolate in the drink it not adding a whole lot over just a warm skim milk. Milk just has a lot of calories...not much you can do about that if you are supposed to be getting the dairy in somehow. It comes with a price no matter what the form. Something to look forward to over the daily dose of oatmeal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment